Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Ice Cream or Wine...???

Well I just finished my first draft of a project for work. I have been working on it almost all day from 7 this morning until now off and on. I had to take care of the kiddos, do some laundry, vacuum, tidy the house and have dinner somewhere in there, but it has consumed my day. I hate hate hate when my work is my priority for the day, because the kids get put on the back burner. I didn't play with them hardly at all. A day like this only happens once or twice a year, but I just feel terrible. I guess that is the drawback of working from home. It is partially my fault that it took me all day because I should have gotten a better start on it this weekend. Anyway, I have the first draft into my boss for his review and then I have maybe two more hours to work on it. I promised my daughter that we would play together all day as soon as this is finished up. I said we would do anything she wanted. She was at her grandparents until 10 this morning and then off to her other grandparents at 4, so she did get to have some fun.

So my Valentine's Day was very unromantic and I talked to my husband for maybe 15 minutes today. He is off to bed and fast asleep already. I am wiped out, but kind of need to wind down. So I am craving some sort of treat for my hectic day. Ice cream or wine? I should just go to bed, but I think I will grab an ice cream (it's Weight Watchers but sooo yummy).

Well, my eyes are blurry and the ice cream bar is calling my name. Thanks for letting me rant on about my day.

Happy Valentines Day. Ihope you all got a lot of chocolate and diamonds. Ha ha.

I leave you with a romantic ballad in honor of Valentines Day - Love, exciting and new, come aboard, we're expecting you........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home