Wednesday, February 15, 2006

The dream that never was...

I got to watch a few minutes of tv tonight after finishing up some work for my office.

American Idol is entertaining and I am really kicking myself for not trying out again this year. The first year they said I had promise and I should a)learn to sing, b)learn to sign and c)learn to sing. I thought that was very encouraging, so I took my boombox and went home determined to learn a really hard song like Oops I Did it Again. So then the next year I went all the way to Timbucktoo for tryouts and they remembered me, or maybe they remembered my leopard print leotard and leg warmers that I had worn again. They said I was better, but I sounded a bit like a frog with a mouthful of hair trying to sing. Well that was encouraging so I went back the next year and tried out in Kalamazoo. Boy were they impressed. As I belted out I Think We're Alone Now by Tiffany (so cool) they laughed and laughed and gasped and sputtered so I assume they had heard a funny joke before I began signing. Those three, I tell you, bunch of jokesters. I was sure it would be my year, but they said although I was "unbelievable" I just wasn't what they were looking for. Alas, I went home with a heavy heart. So I vowed to never put myself through that again. Now seeing the show this year, I can see that I would have really fit in and had a very good chance of making it. I will never get to share my version of Funky Cole Medina with the world. Sad sad sad.

See and you are thinking I went ahead and had that wine I was talking about last night! Nope, it's all just me, uncut and on the mike.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home